Updated February 1, 2022
The PPIM team is dedicated to ensuring a great experience and keeping you safe during any ongoing pandemic conditions in the USA. Please see all the measures below that we will be following to ensure everyone’s safety regarding the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
If you’re still not comfortable attending in-person in 2023, you can attend remotely via livestream. You can also purchase the recordings to view on demand post event.
For our in-person attendees, here is what you can expect:
The PPIM staff are required to be fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID test result 48 hours prior to their scheduled work shifts. We emphatically encourage all participants attending the event in any capacity to be vaccinated.
The following information is taken from the latest CDC guidance:
If you have a temperature, are showing any potential symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
If you test positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status:
- Stay home and isolate for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave isolation but should wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19:
- If you have been boosted OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months OR completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months:
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
- If you develop symptoms get a test and stay home.
- If you are unvaccinated OR completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted OR completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted:
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
- If you develop symptoms, get a test and stay home.
A full refund or credit of any registration fees paid to the organizers will be given to anyone who cannot attend due to COVID concerns and who requests a refund.
If it’s required in the city or venue where the event is taking place, it will be required at our events. If there is no mask mandate, then wearing a mask becomes personal choice for each of us – and we remind you to consider the safety concerns of others as well as yourself in maintaining a respectful environment for all. Be sure to check the local requirements regarding masks for PPIM 2023, or contact us.
Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be available at most venues. By this point, everyone should know that hand washing is important in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We are working with the venue and are confident that they are doing everything they can as recommended by their local health agencies and required by their management.
Physical Touching is Discouraged (handshakes, hugs, or fist bumps)
While many at the event are vaccinated and/or are not concerned about the health risks that physical touch may present, we request that attendees, speakers, staff and sponsors respect a “no-touch” policy at the event and recommend frequently washing your hands to prevent illness.
Seating and Spacing
Seating will be spaced with the recommended distance between attendees as determined by the venue and the local government. We may limit the number of passes sold, as necessary, to meet such requirements.
Food and Beverage
We will be working with the venue to establish how food and beverage services will be provided to minimize exposure/risk.
Our top priority is the health and safety of all stakeholders, and as such we will continue to make decisions based on this. If you have any further questions regarding the event and COVID-19, please contact the PPIM team at firstname.lastname@example.org